With decades of experience providing general dentistry in the American Fork, Lehi and Orem area, Dr. Lohner and Dr. Jimmer know what is required to maintain the health of the teeth and gums. We recommend that patients undergo thorough hygienic cleanings and oral examinations twice a year. During your cleaning, our team will check for abnormalities and diagnose any condition that may appear. A patient must practice and maintain optimal oral hygiene daily in order to achieve a healthy smile that lasts a lifetime. By brushing your teeth properly at least twice a day, flossing regularly, undergoing fluoride treatments and straying from harmful habits, you can preserve the health and beauty of your smile.
Why Are Routine Dental Cleanings Important in Prevention?
If you brush and floss your teeth daily, you may wonder why visiting a dentist for six-month checkups is so important. It is important because even if you maintain excellent oral hygiene, you may still develop problems that can harm your dental health. We offer routine checkups so we can examine your mouth and take X-rays in order to detect and treat dental diseases.
Another reason for regular dental checkups is so you can experience the benefits of a professional teeth cleaning. One of the most important things we do during a dental cleaning is called scaling. If plaque remains on your teeth for a long time, then it can harden into a calcified substance called tartar, which can only be removed through dental scaling.
What Occurs During a Routine Dental Cleaning?
A regular dental checkup at Lexington Heights Dental may go something like this:
- We will first ask if you have been experiencing pain or problems with your teeth. Knowing any dental issues you have had beforehand will help us determine the best solution.
- We will take X-rays of your mouth to see if we can find any dental problems.
- Our hygienists will scale your teeth to get rid of harmful tartar. Tartar increases your risk for dental problems like cavities and periodontal disease.
- We will floss between your teeth.
- We will polish your teeth so they shine and have a smooth surface that plaque and tartar have difficulty sticking to.
- Our dentists will examine your mouth and take X-rays. We will address any problems and present the best treatment solutions.
Contact Our Team to Schedule Your Next Cleaning
If you want to have a healthy smile for life, then you need to regularly visit our office for a professional teeth cleaning in Cedar Hills, Utah. Please call our team today at 801-756-2006 if you would like to schedule your next appointment.