Can’t tolerate your CPAP? Let us help.
Having trouble sleeping? Let us help.
Treating Sleep Apnea
If you find that your breathing stops repeatedly while you sleep, then you may suffer from an obstructive sleep apnea condition. This occurs when the soft tissues in the back of your throat relax as you sleep, blocking your airway. Dr. Lohner and Dr. Jimmer know that this condition is bad for your sleep and your body’s health, which is why we offer treatment for sleep apnea in Cedar Hills, Utah.
How Does Sleep Apnea Affect Me?
Sleep apnea can increase your risk for heart disease, liver problems, high blood pressure and several other health problems. If you are not sleeping properly, you and your health definitely pay the price. You do not want to suffer from these conditions, so it is important for you to keep an eye out for the symptoms of sleep apnea.
What Are Some of the Symptoms of Sleep Apnea?
- Extreme drowsiness during the day
- Personality changes and irritability
- Difficulty staying asleep
- Awakening with a very dry or sore throat
- Frequent morning headaches
What Treatments Are Available?
Dentists often treat sleep apnea because they have received training on how to care for the head and neck areas. We know how the position of your jaw affects the collapse of the soft tissues in the back of your throat, which allows us to offer sleep apnea treatments like:
- An oral appliance that holds your jaw in a position that prevents airway blockage during sleep
- A CPAP sleep apnea device that aids your ability to breathe continuously as you sleep