Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) or TMJ syndrome is a term used to describe a condition in which acute or chronic pain develops as a result of complex problems that exist in the jaw joint. Some symptoms of TMD include jaw popping or clicking, headaches, facial stiffness, ear and facial pain, bite complications, and locked jaws. Together, you and Dr. Lohner and Dr. Jimmer can correct your disorder and overcome it. Our team will work with you to develop an ideal treatment plan that addresses your dental issues and improves your comfort.
TMJ Disorder Treatments
Depending on the cause and severity of your TMJ disorder, our dentists and team offer several treatment solutions to heal your jaw. Some potential treatments we may suggest include:
- Jaw and facial relaxation exercises
- Wearing a night guard (if teeth grinding and clenching contribute to your TMJ)
- Lifestyle changes
- Restorative dental treatments
- Occlusal adjustments to improve your bite
- Jaw surgery
Benefits of Receiving TMJ Disorder Treatment
Our treatment for TMJ in Cedar Hills, Utah, can change your life as it creates several benefits for you, including the following:
- You will not have to suffer from jaw pain or frequent headaches.
- You can eat your favorite foods comfortably.
- You can yawn and speak with ease
- You can feel happier because you no longer have to deal with chronic jaw pain.
Contact Our Team If You Have TMJ Disorder
You no longer have to struggle with jaw problems when you visit Lexington Heights Dental for TMJ disorder treatment. Please call our team today if you would like to schedule an appointment. We are pleased to care for patients from throughout the nearby areas, including American Fork, Orem, Alpine and Lehi, Utah.