Dental bridges, which are anchored by dental crowns, bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. Bridges are created from the same natural-looking materials as single crowns for a flawless, more aesthetically appealing appearance. Dental bridges can be used in conjunction with dental implants for an even better functioning, natural-looking smile.
An In-Depth Look at the Procedure
Dr. Lohner and Dr. Jimmer can restore a missing tooth in just two office visits. Traditionally, dental bridges are placed through the following procedure:
- We will prepare the teeth adjacent to the gap so they can be capped with dental crowns.
- We will take impressions of your teeth to use in the creation of your dental bridge, which consists of two dental crowns flanking a tooth replacement.
- We will place the bridge by attaching the two crowns over the adjacent teeth using dental cement.
Benefits of Receiving a Dental Bridge
Even if you are only missing one tooth, our dentists may still recommend restoring it with a bridge because it can improve your appearance and dental health. Some of the benefits of receiving a dental bridge include the following:
- It can fill the gap in your smile with a beautiful, natural-looking replacement.
- It can restore the structure of your smile, allowing you to have a strong, functional bite.
- It can improve the shape and volume of your face.
- It can support your other teeth, preventing them from shifting into a bad bite.
- It can help to evenly distribute biting forces so your natural teeth do not suffer from excess stress.
Contact Us So We Can Restore Your Missing Teeth
We can renew the health and appearance of your smile when you come to Lexington Heights Dental for a dental bridge in Cedar Hills, Utah. Call us today if you want to receive this restoration. We are glad to also welcome patients from throughout the surrounding areas, including Orem, Lehi, American Fork and Pleasant Grove, Utah.