Periodontal disease, often referred to as gum disease, is a serious disease often found in individuals with poor dental health. The disease can do serious harm to your mouth and overall health if left untreated, so it is important to seek out the appropriate dental care to diagnose, and/or treat the disease if it is found. Listed below are some signs and symptoms of periodontal disease:
– Look for gums that bleed easily or are extremely sensitive to the touch.
– Look for swollen, bruised, excessively red or bleeding gums.
– Look for halitosis signs that keep coming back.
– Look for signs that the gums are pulling back and away from teeth.
– Feel and wiggle your teeth to check and see if they are wobbly or loose.
– Do you smoke or use drugs, both of which put you at an elevated risk for gum disease?
– Look for signs of poor oral hygiene and improper or neglected oral health care routines.
– Avoid dry mouth symptoms caused by some foods and medications.
If you notice any habits or foods that are putting you at risk, take the steps to protect yourself immediately. For additional help, Dr. John Lohner and our team at Lexington Heights Dental are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Cedar Hills, Utah, please contact us at 801-756-2006 to speak with a member of our team. Don’t let gum disease control your life. It’s time to fight back and get the smile you deserve!